I can rewrite, working from your smooth, completed manuscript, which is in good shape but needs minor help.
“Rewriting” means that only portions need to be rewritten, and that the manuscript is already strong. This is smoothing over the author’s effort, not a total makeover.
Work could include:
- Minor reorganizing of content
- Minor deletion of content
- Minor addition of new content
- Directing the author to provide new content
I rewrite to achieve:
- Engagement with the reader
- Better impact
- A more consistent voice
- Effective transitions
- Poor sentence structure and grammar
- Spelling and punctuation errors
I check for:
- Continuity, word choice, missed words
- Paragraphs too short or long
The work required with a rewrite is greater than with a copyedit, but lesser than with ghostwriting.