I copyedit manuscripts that are very strong and complete and need only minor touch-ups. Such manuscripts should not need any rewriting, revising, or any other type of editing.
- Poor sentence structure and grammar
- Some occurrences of passive writing
- Spelling, punctuation, and capitalization errors
I check for:
- Continuity, word choice, missed words
- Paragraphs too short or long
It’s the rare manuscript that comes to me only needing copyediting. Such manuscripts generally come from highly gifted writers who regularly write.